Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Random Thoughts

Sorry kids, no pictures... I'm going substance over style on this one.

- Fact: The four people who actually subscribed to this blog just fell the fuck over dead in shock that I've actually made a post.

- Fact: The democrats are somehow going to find a way to lose the Presidential election this year. The current REPUBLICAN president has some of the lowest approval ratings ever, his cabinet is pretty much synonymous in the mainstream media with the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Yet somehow the democratic party is going to figure out a way to run itself so far into the ground in a protracted primary that John McCain will probably win. That's like winning the lottery and then not being able to find a 7-11. Howard Dean and the rest of the committee should have picked one, hit the other one with a tranq dart, and called it a fucking day a month ago.

- Fact: Suze Orman is a clown... if you're listening to this woman I'm seriously sorry. If wanted to listen to someone bitch people out with little or no basis in reality for an hour, I would have watched The Simple Life. (Ooooooo link... pretty) Seriously, this chick is a liability and pretty much a perfect example of what's wrong with all of these financial advising shows. I work in the finance industry, trust me if Suze really was even a halfway decent advisor, she wouldn't be on TV because she would be making way more money advising.

- Fact: If I went through the trouble of putting on pants and driving my happy ass to a nice Italian restaurant and then when I got done eating some dude came out and told me that Pizza Hut delivered the pasta, I would most definitely snap on somebody and there's about a 35% chance I leave in cuffs.

- Fact: The mainstream print media is dying. Without getting into too much detail, I had a reporter from a local paper call me the other day trying to get a comment from me for a story she was going to write painting my company in a bad light. I'm not offended she wanted to make me look bad as much as I'm offended she actually thought I was dumb enough to give her quotes to take out of context to put me on blast in the morning paper. I may be brash, I'm not fucking stupid. This is just a symptom of a much more serious problem though; the mainstream print media is so concerned with fledgling sales they're no long concerned with actually accurately reporting the news. The more sensational the story, villainous the antagonist, innocent the victim, the more copy that sells, regardless of whether or not the story is accurate or objective. Goodbye New York Times, hello National Enquirer. Honestly it's just disappointing, journalists are just as corrupt and money hungry as the "evil" people and corporations they supposedly "expose." Way to forget where you came from, die slow.

Fact: Wasted Education - Now with 20% more anger.

Today's Lesson: Libel is written, slander is spoken

3 comments:

Hrbek said...

First. Now I'll go back and read...

Unknown said...

'bout fuckin' time ya posted something ya damn slacker.

You on Twitter yet?

Huck said...

What's a "Twitter?"